Camel Cotton

Camel Cotton

Thursday, April 29, 2010

April's End

SWEET JESUS, IT IS 105.8 DEGREES!!! I just met BJ for lunch, and on my way back to the office it went up to 105.8. And it isn't even May yet. I just may not make it until August. And for those of you that know me well, you know the whining is just beginning.

Well we say good bye to April 2010 in Kuwait tomorrow...and hopefully the end of my working 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week. The contracts department submitted all of our extension proposals over the last 3 days (seriously an amazing accomplishment, and one I am quite proud to have been a part of), so we will be going back to our regular schedule starting today. :-) To celebrate, the company is taking the department out to a great steak restaurant tonight. I am so tired I just hope I can stay awake long enough to enjoy it...I am honestly too old to work 70+ hours a week.

I can't say the same for BJ, he continues to work at least 72 hours per week. And it will only get worse for him through the summer as the drawdown continues. Bless his heart, he works outside in this heat. I can't even make it to the trailer where the ladies restrooms are without whining, and he works out in it all day. With a port-a-john. He is definitely a better trooper about that part than I am.

HAPPY DAY, LOVE Y'ALL!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it is SO hot!! Carrie, I would be whining,too!!
    We miss you both more than you will ever know!! Love you, BIG!! The Keiths :)

    ReplyDelete