Camel Cotton

Camel Cotton

Monday, May 10, 2010

Driving in Kuwait #2 - Headlights are for Sissies

Good morning everyone! Yes, you read the title correctly..."HEADLIGHTS ARE FOR SISSIES"!!!

For reasons that completely escape me, Kuwaiti's rarely use their headlights. And I'm not talking about at 6 pm when it is dusk, I am talking about EVER. Middle of the night, 4:00 am, all times when it is pitch black...the good ones at least use their parking lights at those times, but not most.

So imagine if you will driving along the highway (where the speed limit is 120 kilometers per hour...which is between 74 and 75 mph...and most of us are doing about 130, which is 81 mph), when all of a sudden out of nowhere there is someone on your bumper flashing his bright lights at you. I swear, there is no logical reason to do this...therefore the only reason I can come up with for this behavior is that they enjoy seeing the look of horror and fear rush across my face as they catch my reflection in the rear view mirror. I mean seriously, if they would USE their headlights, people would see them coming at their death-wish rate of speed and get out of the way. But they seem to find this game of peek-a-boo much more entertaining, so we continue on with the fun that is known as "driving in Kuwait".

1 comment:

  1. The roads sound terrible, all I can do is crack up when I am reading your blogs.....I can just hear your voice telling it!! Love you, BIG!! :)

    ReplyDelete